I finally got to meet Auntie Mok Bismarck's aunt. It was so good to spend time together.
Auntie Mock, Jaden her son and Brooklyn
I love this picture. Both of them look so happy!
Look at how much this man is balancing on his head. Now that is talent!
One of my favorite places we visited was the Botanical Gardens. It was absolutely gorgeous!
A local artist is currently creating a sculpture from this tree to represent how mankind struggles to rise to the top. We had never seen anything like it before.
This is a picture of the inside of a hollow tree.
Here are some local kids returning home from school. In Ghana they always wear uniforms. The girls usually keep their hair cut very short until they are out of school because it takes a lot of time to do.
The tree leaning in the back produces a fruit that if you eat everything you eat afterwards for hours will taste very sweet. Weird! I would love to try that! The tour guide also explained that there is a fruit grown in one of the local villages that if you eat, will fill you up for days. They have tried to grow that same tree in other places, but it will only grow in that one village.
After touring the gardens we stopped for some lunch. The food in Ghana is very spicy. Bismarck was in heaven! He has missed the food a lot.
Near the beach many people make their homes out of mud and palm leaves.
Jenny, this is SO fun! I love seeing pictures, keep them coming. Brooklyn has to be the cutest thing alive. For sure.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special, special trip Jen!! Priceless. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful to see where Biz grew up! I want to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete